Medical cannabis: understanding, prescribing and changing lives - a clinician’s perspective.
The Academy of Medical Cannabis is holding a live seminar demonstrating our market defining standard of CPD accredited education for clinicians in cannabis-based medicinal products.
The Academy’s senior medical team will lead the seminar, discussing their core areas of focus:
Professor Mike Barnes (FCRP)
- The history and science of medical cannabis
- Introduction to the Endocannabinoid system
- Introduction to the Plant - Phytocannabinoids, terpenes and how they interact with the endocannabinoid system
- Evidence Base - What are the strong to moderately strong or inconclusive bodies of evidence for numerous different conditions.
Dr Dani Gordon (MD CCFP ABOIM)
- Medical cannabis treatments: an approach to prescribing, clinical experiences and difficult areas including cancer. cardiac patient considerations and mental health uses vs contraindications
- Clinical Uses - Treatable conditions applicable to UK physicians and case study examples from practice in each broad area
- Why the research is lagging behind clinical experience: the challenges of prescribing a botanical medicine and possible solutions.
Dr Leon Barron, GP
- A GP’s perspective of medical cannabis
- Issues for clinicians new to prescribing.
The Academy of Medical Cannabis:
Using a research, evidence and clinical-practice based approach to developing our learning content, The Academy has created the leading platform for education in CBMPs.